- At 65%, Longueuil is above average in ratio of parkland that is natural area.
- Longueuil is one of 63% of cities with a citywide park system master plan updated within the last 10 years.
- Longueuil is one of 52% of cities with a policy to waive permit fees for financial need.
- Longueuil’s first participatory budgeting process saw five park and trail projects selected for funding in 2020.
- Through a call for citizen-led tree planting projects, Longueuil supported 17 planting initiatives in 2019, displayed on an online map.
- In 2020, Longueuil released a new urban agriculture policy.
ha parkland per 1000 people
1087 ha of total parkland
of total parkland is natural area
708 total ha
of total city land is parkland
11580 ha of total city area
Community gardens/urban farms
Parkland provision goal (ha per 1000 people)
Distance to a Neighbourhood Park: 7 minute walkDistance to a Community Park: 15 minute walk
community park groups
Policy to waive permit fees for groups with financial need?
Community grant program
Parks operating budget per person
Total parks capital budget
Provincially legislated tools available for parkland development
10% of development site or cash-in-lieu
23% of land within the city is agriculturally zoned.
Related Longueuil stories
Don't See your City on the List?
Twenty-seven cities participated in this year's report and we hope more will join us next year.Learn how to participate in 2021