- Regina is one of 56% of cities that offers a community park group program.
- Regina is one of 63% of cities with a citywide park system master plan updated within the last 10 years.
- Regina is one of 77% of cities that reported having at least one park partnership in place with a non-profit.
- A new 1.3-hectare park that will feature off-leash dog areas, disc golf, and a toboggan hill is coming to Regina on the site of a golf course.
- Regina is working with local organizations to develop and install communication boards for children who are non-verbal at accessible playgrounds in the city.
- Regina has an interactive floral map to help residents identify flowers planted in the city’s public spaces.
ha parkland per 1000 people
1321 ha of total parkland
of total parkland is natural area
155 total ha¹
of total city land is parkland
18243 ha of total city area
Community gardens/urban farms
Parkland provision goal (ha per 1000 people)
Zone Level open space 0.7-1.1 ha per 1,000 peopleNeighbourhood Level 1.2-1.6 ha per 1,000 people
Parks operating budget per person
Total parks capital budget
Provincially legislated tools available for parkland development
10% of development area or cash-in-lieu
¹Regina is situated on dry prairie. Every tree has been hand planted. There is not a lot of natural space within City limits.
Don't See your City on the List?
Twenty-seven cities participated in this year's report and we hope more will join us next year.Learn how to participate in 2021