- With 12 community gardens per 100,000 people, Saskatoon has more than double the median.
- At 50 groups, Saskatoon reported the third highest number of community park groups.
- Saskatoon is one of 63% of cities with a citywide park system master plan updated within the last 10 years.
- Saskatoon parks staff lent a helping hand to neighbours in Winnipeg with clean-up assistance after a major snowstorm in October 2019.
- Saskatoon’s Avalon Dog Park got a 1-hectare expansion in June 2019.
- Saskatoon has sent ‘ambassadors’ into parks during COVID-19 to provide friendly education to residents about safe park use.
ha parkland per 1000 people
1039 ha of total parkland
of total parkland is natural area
120 total ha
of total city land is parkland
23633 ha of total city area
Community gardens/urban farms
Parkland provision goal (ha per 1000 people)
community park groups
Policy to waive permit fees for groups with financial need?
Community grant program
Parks operating budget per person
Total parks capital budget
Provincially legislated tools available for parkland development
10% of development area or cash-in-lieu
Don't See your City on the List?
Twenty-seven cities participated in this year's report and we hope more will join us next year.Learn how to participate in 2021