- With nearly 5 off-leash dog areas per 100,000 people, Langley is above the median.
- Langley is one of 56% of cities that offers a community park group program.
- Langley is one of 77% of cities that reported having at least one park partnership in place with a non-profit.
- Four hectares were added to the township's largest park, Campbell Valley Regional Park, which will help with "ecological and trail continuity."
- The new Langley Learning Farm is coming to the Derek Doubleday Arboretum through a partnership with the Langley Sustainable Agriculture Foundation.
- A new disc golf course opened on the site of a former landfill in Jackman Wetlands Park through a collaborative effort that involved local disc golf enthusiasts.
ha parkland per 1000 people
458 ha total parkland¹
of total parkland is natural area
132 total ha¹
of total city land is parkland
31600 ha of total city area
Community gardens/urban farms
Parkland provision goal (ha per 1000 people)
Parks operating budget per person
Total parks capital budget
Provincially legislated tools available for parkland development
5% of development site or cash-in-lieu
¹Increase from 2019 due to GIS improvements.
Related township of langley stories
Don't See your City on the List?
Twenty-seven cities participated in this year's report and we hope more will join us next year.Learn how to participate in 2021